"A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken." ~James Dent
With all the rushing around at the end of school, the organization required to get Anson off for the summer and some travel (albeit to the beach which was FABULOUS), this leisurely morning felt like the first true summer morning.
Things I love about summer:
- The absence of alarm clocks
- Early morning light
- Toes in the sand
- Long evenings to talk
- She Speaks
- Spending time with my parents and in-laws
- Going to the driving range (where I stink)
- Doing my quiet time on the deck
- Chicken salad
- Watching blue birds fly in and out of the blue-bird house as they feed their babies.
- Waiting for my perennials to burst into bloom
What do you love about summer?